Data privacy statement
1. Name and contact details of the person in charge of processing and the data protection officer
This data privacy information applies to data processing by:
Data controller: HauckSchuchardt Partnerschaft von Steuerberatern und Rechtsanwälten mbB, Pollux, Platz der Einheit 2, D-60327 Frankfurt am Main, Germany E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +49 (0)69 – 90 55 88 – 0 Fax: +49 (0)69 – 90 55 88 – 20.
The internal data protection officer of HauckSchuchardt Partnerschaft von Steuerberatern und Rechtsanwälten mbB can be reached at the above address, for the attention of: Christiane Hoffmann, or at email@example.com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data, type and purpose of data use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.hauckschuchardt.com, the browser on your device will automatically send information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information will be gathered without any involvement on your part and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the retrieved file,
- accessing website (referrer URL),
- browser used and (if applicable) the operating system of your computer, and the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- to establish a trouble-free connection to the website,
- to ensure the comfortable use of our website,
- analysis of system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 f of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) forms the legal basis for data processing. Our justified interest follows from the purposes of data processing as listed above. We will never use the data that is collected to draw inferences about your person.
b) When using our contact form
The website includes a contact form that can be used to submit all inquiries. You must enter a valid e-mail address so that we know who sent the question, and in order to respond to the question. Other information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for contacting purposes is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted once your inquiry has been completed.
3. Forwarding of data
Your personal data will not be forwarded to third parties for purposes other than those noted below.
We will only forward your personal data to third parties if:
- you have provided your explicit consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 a GDPR,
- the data must be forwarded according to Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 f GDPR in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to suppose that you possess an overriding legitimate interest in the non-forwarding of your data,
- in case a statutory obligation exists with regard to the forwarding of data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required according to Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 b GDPR in order to implement our contractual relationship with you.
Information that arises in the context of the specific device is stored in the cookie. However, this does not mean that we receive direct knowledge of your identity.
Cookies are used to optimize the use of our offering. We use so-called session cookies to detect that you have already visited various pages of our website. They are automatically deleted when you leave our site.
For the purpose of optimising user friendliness, we also use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a certain time period. If you visit our website again to use our services, the system automatically detects that you have already visited us previously and also which entries and settings you applied at that time, so that you do not have to enter this information again.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes to protect our justified interests and those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies by default. But you can also configure your browser so that either no cookies are stored on your computer or the system always displays a reminder before a new cookie is created. Please note that you may not be able to use all of the functions on our website if cookies are completely disabled.
5. Analysis tool
The tracking activity that is listed below and implemented by us is carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 f GDPR. By using this tracking measure, we want to ensure the needs-appropriate design and on-going optimisation of our website. We also use tracking measures to statistically capture the use of our website and to conduct analyses to optimise our offering for visitors. These interests are deemed justified interests in terms of the above provision.
The data processing purposes and data categories can be obtained from the tracking tool.
- browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previously visited web page),
- host name of accessing computer (IP address),
- time of server request,
are transferred to and stored in a Google server in the US. This information is used to analyse the use of our website, compile reports about website activities and render other services connected to the use of the website and the internet for the purpose of market research and the needs-appropriate design of these web pages. Similarly, this information may be transferred to third parties if this is required by law, or if third parties process this data on contract. Your IP address will never be linked with other Google data. IP addresses are anonymised, so that they cannot be attributed to a specific IP address (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate browser software setting; however, please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all of the functions of this website.
You can also prevent the gathering of the data (including your IP address) that is created by the cookie and that relates to your use of the website as well as the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, particularly in the case of browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent information gathering by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. This sets an opt-out cookie that prevents your data from being gathered on future visits to this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid for this browser and only for our website, and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set a new opt-out cookie.
Additional information on data privacy in the context of Google Analytics can be found e.g. in Google Analytics Support (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
6. Social media plugin
For the purpose of increasing the visibility of our law firm, our website uses social plugins from the social network Xing on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 f GDPR. The underlying advertising purpose is deemed a justified interest in terms of the GDPR. The responsibility for operations that comply with the data protection requirements must be warranted by the respective provider. We integrate this plugin using the so-called double-click method in order to provide visitors to our website with the best level of protection.
If you access a page on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser will establish a direct connection to the Xing servers. The contents of the plugin are sent by Xing directly to your browser, which integrates these contents into the website.
The integration of the plugin provides Xing with the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Xing account or are not logged into Xing. Your browser sends this information (including your IP address) directly to a Xing server in the US, where it is stored.
Please log out of your Xing user account ahead of time if you do not want Xing to be able to link your visit of our web pages.
For more information, please consult the Data Privacy Statement of Xing (https://privacy.xing.com/de/datenschutzerklaerung)
7. Rights of affected persons
You have the right:
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain information about your personal data that is processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of processing, the category of the personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data was or will be disclosed, the planned retention period, the existence of a right to correction, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data (insofar as it was not collected by us), as well as information about the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and (if applicable) meaningful information about details relating to the same;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to request that your incorrect or incomplete personal data is promptly corrected or completed;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to request the deletion of your personal data that is stored with us, insofar as the processing is not required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of the public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to restrict the processing of your personal data insofar as you dispute the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful but you reject the deletion of the same and if we no longer need the data but you require it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or if you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to request to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, popular and machine-readable format, or to request the transmission of the same to another data controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to withdraw your previously provided consent at any time. This means that the processing of the data, which was based on this consent, cannot be continued in the future.
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority. Usually, you can direct your concerns to the supervisory authority of your normal place of residence or workplace, or the registered office of our law firm.
8. Right to object
Insofar as your personal data is processed on the basis of justified interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 f GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for your actions that arise from your special situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection that we will implement without requiring information about a special situation.
To exercise your right of withdrawal or objection, all you have to do is write an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data security
In the context of visiting the website, we use the popular SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method together with the highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. Usually, this means 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-encryption, we will instead use 128-bit v3 technology. The key/lock symbol will be displayed in the lower status bar of your browser if a web page is transmitted using encryption.
We also avail ourselves of the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against incidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction and unauthorised third-party access. Our security measures are continuously improved in accordance with technological advances.
10. Currentness and update of this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently valid (as at May 2018).
The further development of our website and offerings or changes to statutory or official requirements may make it necessary to amend this Data Privacy Statement. You can retrieve and print out the current Data Privacy Statement from the website under https://www.hauckschuchardt.com/en/privacy-policy.html.